Visual Designer, brand + interactive
Cognition Studio, a consultancy/agency working with innovation leaders in life sciences, healthcare, and global health.
We’re seeking a visual designer who can build solid brands, campaigns, and digital experiences for emerging science and healthcare advocacy.
You will be responsible for researching brand landscapes, crafting brand research and sketching brand identities. You will use rationalization in your thinking and work with other lead designers to set brand systems working from concept to completion. For digital experiences, you will be design social media campaigns, corporate and product websites, touch kiosks and work with new media such as AR/VR. Like all designers on our team, you’ll be brought into a broad range of projects and expected to work in a variety of mediums. In some client engagements, you collaborate on a small or large creative team. In other cases you are assigned solo projects with authority in design decision-making.
The ideal candidate for this role is exceptionally creative, visual, human-oriented, and passionate about health equity, patient advocacy and women’s issues. You like working integrated with client partner teams to drive the work they do and are able to communicate, defend, and build consensus around design direction, and help drive areas of the experience with a sense of passion and ownership.
Join our team to help us to create experiences that will have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Collaborate with lead and senior designers to achieve project deliveries.
- Participate in design brainstorming and work sessions.
- Collaborate with other visual designers, design researchers, web developers, and project managers for an integrated approach.
- Manage our client’s outward-facing brand (mission, products, or services) through creative solutions designed by the project team.
- Produce brand rationalization books and other brand strategies required for developing and evolving designs and systems at scale.
- Create sketches, mood boards, presentations, and paper prototypes to communicate your design to the rest of the team.
- Work with others to coordinate design critiques, feedback loops for an iterative methodology, and incorporate results into design efforts.
- Drive strong aesthetics and have clear functionality in a variety of styles and forms—from traditional graphic design, design thinking & research—to digital & marketing, built environments, and other media including photography and video.
- Deliver creative and innovative solutions to complex brand storytelling needs that focus on the clarity of information, are easy to comprehend, are brand-centric, and build brand loyalty.
- Develop innovative and measurable mindshare campaigns and other client marketing & communication strategies.
Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication Design, Graphic Design, or related area is required. 2-3 years of professional experience, consultancy/creative agency strongly recommended.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and portfolio for review to the “Apply Here” link on this page with subject line: “Application: [Job Title]”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Cognition Studio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Cognition is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Cognition are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. Cognition will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.