Social Media Strategist
We’re seeking a health and science communication digital media strategist to join our team.
Can you generate social media content that inspires? Does your brain think in wicked strategy? Do you love to dig into researching topics and issues that help you to write compelling campaigns designed for audiences’ engagement? You would be working in partnership with a creative strategy and client team who are committed towards storytelling through digital means while managing publishing calendars on various platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn or Doximity; all under pressure-of needing experience working in a regulated industry (which will be essential) if you have Ad Promo training even better!
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- defining the communication and channel strategy to reach key audiences/communities,
- providing structured background research,
- crafting a social media brand voice,
- supporting visual and media designers, and
- measuring impact with analytics.
In client engagements, you work closely with clients, present work and collaborates on a team that could include other writers, strategists, designers, and program managers.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about storytelling, smart writing, and communicating about science, medicine, and health related issues. And you need to clearly thrive in the ever-evolving world of social media.
Join our team to help us deliver wicked storytelling that creates experiences that will have a meaningful impact on the world.
STRATEGY AND RESEARCH
- Identify audiences and communities
- Create content and posting strategies to reach those communities effectively
- Brainstorm and research topics related to healthcare that are relevant to clients and the communities with whom they interact
- Design and execute full campaigns
TECHNICAL WRITING SKILLS
- Establish a tone of voice that is tailored for the brand, delivery channel, and audience.
- Copyedit and proofread for a finished product free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Work within a specific style guide, if required, for formatting and other considerations.
ANALYTICS AND METRICS
- Identify key performance indicator metrics for social performance
- Track and curate analytics and social listening
- Provide actionable insights to improve social media strategies
- Participate in brainstorming and work sessions, supporting client strategy and project framing needs.
- Collaborate and communicate with fellow writers, designers, researchers, development teams, special project partners and project managers from initial concept to final implementation for an integrated approach.
3-5 years’ experience with social media in a healthcare context. Strong communication and project management skills required. Ability to self-motivate and self-manage under deadline constraints. Must have the ability to understand technology issues.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, or related area is required.
Cognition Studio is a strategic design and communication firm positioned to offer design, interaction, and biocommunication expertise to leaders in life sciences, healthcare, and global health.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Cognition Studio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Cognition is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Cognition are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. Cognition will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.