Senior UX Designer
Cognition Studio,Inc. is a consultancy/agency working with innovation leaders in life sciences, healthcare, and global health.
We’re seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our growing innovation team. As a Senior UX designer on our team, you will be expected to execute and evangelize best in class UX design solutions, work alongside other designers or independently. Our designers collaborate and partner across all phases of the design journey from needs definition through ensuring design intent is maintained through launch. Our team environment is collaborative, diverse, supporting and committed to harnessing the power of design embedded with superb usability to improve the quality of people’s lives while changing the trajectory of scientific innovation to healthcare. You’ll be working with clients ranging in size from start-ups/incubators to public biopharma.
- Collaborative style
- Strong technical understanding of design and development
- Focused on users and translating business needs and communication strategies into digital experiences
- Proven record of having an impact on digital experiences with design and user experience activities.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently on multiple projects at once
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills: able to solicit feedback and keep work moving forward
- Fluent in current design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Ability to prepare presentations of your work, and speak to solutions in a simple and compelling manner
- Experience in up stream scientific innovation and biopharma strongly encouraged
- Sit in on project intake meetings and/or facilitate project definition discovery sessions to ensure clarity of web/digital requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills that drive compelling conversations and clear design presentations. Write or contribute to written briefs, project specifications (both technical and functional) to gain team consensus and client approval.
- Create user personas, outcome goals, and needs mapping. This will include working with content creation teams to ensure visual concepts/stories and written language for learning and knowledge uptake is a part of the UX process.
- Create content maps and page goals, in partnership with content designers and writers. Define clear use metrics and other outcomes.
- Ability to create a variety of design artifacts that elegantly convey ideas, workflows, and concepts. Design page wireframes, components, and other library items.
- Storyboard ideas and prepare clear client presentations that communicate the user experience that maps to business and content goals.
- Deliver clear working files and instructions to support visual design and development teams.
- Work in a collaborative and iterative manner to achieve excellence in design.
- Ability to work independently through ambiguous situations, and in undefined areas and features.
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently.
- BS/BA Degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Digital Design or a similar relevant field. Post-Graduate Degrees are a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in UX design is required
- Experience participating in activities as such; site goals and project definition, competitive UX benchmarking, generative wireframing to determine context hierarchy based on user workflow, composing compelling visual storyboards, developing mid to high fidelity UX prototypes for both physical and/or digital assets, conducting user testing and partnering to generate prototypes and interaction animations highly preferred
- Experience in integrating content design and storytelling to ensure a consistent holistic experience is preferred
- Strong systems-thinking with the ability to organize complex data into useful and usable information
- Experience collaborating with Program Managers, Writers, Strategists and Developers to translate user needs into physical and/or digital assets that are built upon best in class usably guidelines and brand considerations
- Partnering with cross-functional colleagues to design and prepare user test studies to gather and refine design interactions
- Portfolio will be requested
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and link to portfolio site to the “Apply Here” link on this page with subject line: “Application: [Job Title]”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Cognition Studio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Cognition is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Cognition are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. Cognition will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.