Scientific and Medical Writer
- Biotechnology writing experience
- Early innovation and research
- Complex information, made simple
- Strives for the future of care
Cognition Studio is a boutique agency positioned to offer design, interaction, and biocommunication expertise to leaders in life sciences, healthcare, and global health.
We’re seeking a scientific and medical writer who can communicate complex technical information for a broad range of audiences to join our team.
A scientific and medical writer is responsible for clearly explaining scientific and medical concepts, providing deep background research, identifying audiences, and working with designers to craft a brand voice and narrative. You’ll be brought into a broad range of projects and expected to work in a variety of mediums. In client engagements, a writer collaborates on a team that could include other writers, designers, illustrators, animators, etc.
Areas of work include website content, white papers, presentation decks, academic literature reviews, animation or video scripts, and social media.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about communicating science beyond an academic audience. They are fluent in the language of life science research and can translate the impact of scientific and medical innovations. They are able to work collaboratively with clients and other team members.
Join our team to help us to create experiences that will have a meaningful impact on the world.
RESEARCH AND CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
- Review academic literature and identify credible sources to support an argument.
- Interview clients and stakeholders to understand the background beyond what is available in the literature.
- Create detailed outlines and messaging frameworks.
- Structure, write, and edit content drafts.
- Incorporate feedback from clients and team members.
TECHNICAL WRITING SKILLS
- Establish a tone of voice that is tailored for the brand, delivery channel, and audience.
- Copyedit and proofread for a finished product free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Work within a specific style guide, if required, for formatting and other considerations.
- Participate in brainstorming and work sessions, supporting client strategy and project framing needs.
- Collaborate and communicate with fellow writers, designers, researchers, development teams, special project partners and project managers from initial concept to final implementation for an integrated approach.
Experience writing outside of an academic audience required. Strong communication and project management skills required. Ability to self-motivate and self-manage under deadline constraints. Must have the ability to understand technology issues.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and writing samples and other relevant materials for review to the “Apply Here” link on this page with subject line: “Application: [Job Title]”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Cognition Studio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Cognition is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Cognition are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. Cognition will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.