Front-end Web Developer
Cognition Studio, a boutique agency uniquely positioned to offer design, interaction, and biocommunication expertise to leaders in life sciences, healthcare, and global health is seeking an experienced front-end developer.
Partner with us to create tools and experiences that will have meaningful impact in the world. We’re looking for a developer with a background building and maintaining websites and applications in an agency setting. Successful candidates will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, collaborating with other developers and designers on the fly in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Building web applications, modules, and CMS backed websites.
- Managing test, staging, production servers, and site back-ups.
- Maintaining CMS, and security updates.
- Keeping SSL certificates current and secure.
- Improving workflows, testing, debugging, and documenting procedures.
- Offering technical advisement on design prototypes & mockups.
- Self-directed: able to work independently with minimal supervision in a small, studio environment.
- Driven: at Cognition we value the desire to learn more and continued professional development.
- Flexible: with our expansive client base, candidates must be prepared to work on multiple projects in a given day.
- Excellent organization and communication skills to collaborate with internal and external team members.
- Comfortable recommending technologies based on project requirements.
- Knowledgeable on best development practices including source control management, coding standards, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Dog Friendly
- CSS(3) / SCSS / Less
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Proficient with modern web technologies such as Angular, React, etc.
- Source Control – GitHub/Bitbucket
- Data visualization development (D3.js)
- AWS experience
- Prior agency experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or Sketch
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Experience with REST APIs