Associate Director of Design
- Driven by patient impact
- Drives great work
- Geek for advertising
- Has that "ah-ha!" moment brushing their teeth
[posted Jan 31, 2020]
Cognition Studio, a design-led strategic agency uniquely positioned to offer design, interaction, and biocommunication expertise to pioneers and innovators in life sciences, healthcare, and global health.
We’re seeking an associate director of design with biotech/pharma brand + marketing leadership to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role loves to craft biotech/pharma/healthcare brands, build campaigns, and drive marketing solutions that support HCP and patient engagement.
Your role: Pharma / Biotech Brand + Marketing Associate Director
- Help bring clarity to translational medicine technologies, therapeutics, and healthcare journeys.
- Design and lead brainstorming and work sessions, supporting client strategy and project framing needs.
- Demonstrate strong brand development capabilities: field research, design strategy, messaging development, persona validation, and landscape analysis. Love psychology of communication, theory rationalization and ensuring metrics of success for the work you do.
- Develop campaign-based solutions ranging from micro-sites, videos, product marketing, trade shows, and brand communications.
- Be an advocate for exceptional design. Still love to create and do the work. We are a practice studio, so you will be expected to do the work soup to nuts with the team!
What you bring
- 7+ years of hands-on pharma/biotech marketing and branding experience.
- Experience working at the intersection of medical/healthcare product sales & marketing in a B2B and B2C setting. Previous experience working with patient awareness & adoption campaigns is required.
- Ability to craft approach for working teams, and guide project planning, problem definition and support daily work assignments of the creative teams.
- Strong, if not amazing customer service and the mindset of embedded client working teams.
- Comfortable working in a small agency environment, and under the leadership of a design director and in collaboration with other associate directors for a full team mentality.
- You have craft, through strong interaction and visual design skills with the ability to guide designers through a wide range of project deliverables.
- Ability to communicate, defend, and build consensus around design direction, and independently drive areas of the experience with a sense of passion and ownership.
- Proficiency in current and emerging web and mobile technologies and standard design software packages.
- Master degree in Design or Communications.
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Application: [Job Title]”