Front-End Dev + TPM Hybrid
[posted Jan 31, 2020]
Cognition Studio, a design-led strategic agency uniquely positioned to offer design, interaction, and biocommunication expertise to pioneers and innovators in life sciences, healthcare, and global health. We are growing, and seeking an experienced front-end developer + technical project manager hybrid to help expand our team and support our processes.
We’re looking for a hybrid CMS developer with technical project management capabilities and experience in a small agency setting. Successful candidates will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, collaborating with a dev lead, the client, and the creative project team on the fly in a dynamic, changing environment. If you like planning out the work, organizing the day to day, and the big picture pipeline at the same time as doing work, then let’s connect.
Partner with us to build corporate website and experiences that will have meaningful impact in the world.
- Planning development work streams and bringing clarity into the task management of the development team.
- Supporting front end development of CMS sites (WordPress, Craft and Drupal)
- CMS edits and other clean up work.
- Maintaining CMS, and security updates.
- Keeping SSL certificates current and secure.
- Improving workflows, testing, debugging, and documenting procedures.
- Jira, Trello, Confluence, Smartsheets and Microsoft Office
- Self-directed: able to work independently with minimal supervision in a small, studio environment.
- Driven: at Cognition we value the desire to learn more and continued professional development.
- Flexible: with our expansive client base, candidates must be prepared to work on multiple projects in a given day.
- Excellent organization and communication skills to collaborate with internal and external team members.
- Comfortable recommending technologies based on project requirements.
- Knowledgeable on best development practices including source control management, coding standards, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Dog Friendly
- CSS(3) / SCSS / Less
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- Proficient with modern web technologies such as Angular, React, etc.
- Source Control – GitHub/Bitbucket
- Prior design agency experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud or Sketch
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Experience with REST APIs
How to apply
Email a cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Application: [Job Title]”